Saturday, July 11, 2009

We're Engaged!!!!




YUP YUP!!!! It finally happened after over a year Jas finally got down on his knee!! O how it was a surprise! I'm going with J's family to Mexico next month and I thought for sure that's when he would man up and pop the question! NOPE!! Like he told me months ago he wanted it to be a surprise and it was. So here is the story...



Jason and his friend Dave have a house in Ogden they are fixing up J said he got a call from one of the workers saying there was an issue and that we needed to go check it out. Not thinking anything we headed up for that long dreadful drive. :) Thinking we would just go to one of J's favorite places, Olive Garden like usual, J wanted to splurge and go to Ruby River. For our first date last year we went to the one in Layton with our friends Dave and Marcy. So back to our first memory I thought about it for one second but then shook the feeling of knowing he was asking in Mexico. We put our name on the list and headed to the house. After we returned to Ruby and ate we were meeting up with our friends to go to the drive in. Walking out of the restaurant a girl in love always thinks what if he does it tonight, I was bummed because he didn't ask. As we were walking to the truck Dave sparks pulled up. Running to the truck to see what movie we were going to see he handed me a boquet of red roses and tossed Jason a white box!! I FLIPPED OUT!!! (video footage soon to come) J stretched his legs out and got on his knee and said, "You better marry me!" There is our story!!


Now keep in mind these pics are at 2:30 AM after the drive in (hence why we look so beautiful)

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow I am the first to write on your blog! I am so happy for you both. Your ring is BEAUTIFUL! I am sure Jas is loving the idea of having his face all over the internet :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about Pete? You don't want to claim him?

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAHOO!!! I am SO SO SO excited for you guys!!! And October 1- what a fabulous day, I couldn't of picked one better myself... Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aub!!!! Congrats! I am so excited for you! Please let me know if you need any help! I hope Jason likes tennis-cause Palm Springs is on for next year! :) Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah!!!! We are so excited for you! We couldn't have picked a more perfect girl for Jas. We love you both so much and are SOOOO excited!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea for you guys!!! I love you so much Aubrey! Daren and I want to take you and Jason out to dinner soon, we'd love to get to know Jason better. He seems a little freaked out by us...

    ReplyDelete