Sunday, August 23, 2009

Deep Sea Fishing

We went deep see fishing the second day. Let's just say I will never go again and neither will the other girls. It started super early in the morning, Jenny was being nice and brought food..bananas...guess they are bad luck to have on a boat, so us gals hurried and ate them all up....they became bad luck to us..... Jenny and Colleen both got super sea sick. I got a little queezy but slept most the time besides when I woke up in sweat puddles from it being so flinging hot!!
I'm glad I can say I went deep sea fishing but to be honest if I would have known exactly what it entailed, you couldn't have paid me to go. I thought it would be so fun to go out in the ocean, get some good rays, sit there talking to the family with my own fishing pole waiting for a fish to want my bait where I would real it in and be so excited to eat if for dinner. DEFINATELY NOT how it goes. The owners of the boats run the show you sit there for six hours while the boat is going the whole time with 8 lines out all at once attached to the boat. You don't do anything until a fish bites. Luckily one did and J got to get in the captain chair and reel it in. It was so exciting for about twenty minutes then I was bored again. I loved seeing how happy J was when he caught the fish, unfortunately it wasn't the best tasting fish and too big to take home so the fisherman got to keep the prize! What a day!!



6 am wake up!! but.....

this sunrise was worth it!

Waiting for a fish bite (doing what we do best)



Jason's darling sister Jenny and her boyfriend EJ

J reeling in the big catch!!








Good job baby!!






This came out of the fishes mouth when they hit it with a bat to knock it out!







J and his sail fish! He's so strong!








I touched it Grumpy!!








1 comment: