Sunday, April 25, 2010

BIG SKY COUNTRY

We just got back from a great, but quick weekend in Montana. Somewhere we know we will, get a lot of relaxing, reading, sleeping, and definatley some GREAT eating done. Going to see Kent and Sue is always fun, we are always laughing. Last time we went I slept pretty much the whole time when were weren't on the four wheelers, horses or eating. This time however I was awake a lot more.

We got there late Friday afternoon. The men started right away on the porch. While the ladies stayed in and started dinner. I was going to take pictures of everything to show you the amazing food Sue makes but I got too excited everytime and just went straight to the table. I finished reading Catching Fire, second book to The Hunger Games, for ANYONE who hasn't started these books... GET ON IT RIGHT AWAY!!! After dinner everyone watched the Jazz play, and WIN while Sue and I watched New Moon, I can never get sick of Twilight series, Sue talked me into starting the Twilight books. Since the third movie is coming out in June I decided to start there. Once I'm done with the 4th book I'll start the first and second. Thanks Sue I'm hooked already I was halfway through from getting the book late Friday night to when we got home today. There goes study time for finals. :)

Anywho so Saturday came and we decided while the boys were checking off Kent's work list we would go shopping. HAHA yeah I know what your thinking shopping in Montana, I was not too thrilled, especially when I could have stayed at home reading my book. But Dillon surprised me, I bought some very cute much needed shorts for this summer and Colleen bought some shirts. As we were going to pay I heard chirping. THEY HAD BABY CHICKS FOR SALE!! O man I wanted to take them home so bad. After quilt shopping we headed back home. Then we went out to go shooting. I haven't been shooting in forever, I use to go all the time with my dad, I have a 22, so I thought I would be rusty, Not to brag but DANG I still got it!! Woop Woop!! Jason learned he better not piss of his little wifey. :)

We had another great dinner, watched a movie Becoming Jane, while the men watched the Laker LOOSE!!! and then read a lot more.
This morning we had an amazing breakfast, I read some more and then hit the road.

Thanks for a great weekend Hodgson's!! It's always a great get away when we come to see you two! We'll come again soon!! xoxo


Their lovely house









Only SOME of their land..SOME











Their horses, well some of them they have six. We didn't get to ride this time, Kent isn't able to shoe them yet with his foot, maybe next time.













J and Grumpy working on the porch, I wish I got a pick of Kent bossing them around just sitting there with his foot up.













It just comes natural, we forgot to get a pics of the cans, but there wasn't much of them left after I got done with them.




He wishes he was as good as his wife










Who wouldn't want to take some of these little guys home??

1 comment:

  1. Your weekend sounded like it was a blast!! I love relaxing weekends in the country :) It was so nice to see you at brooke's party. I am throwing Jayg a shower soon, so be looking for the invite and I hope to see you there too. Sure love you Aubs. Peace out!

    ReplyDelete